Growing Day at Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre - Sunday 5th March 10am – 3pm
28th February 2017
• From 10 until 3pm come and choose between 80 varieties of seed potatoes from Jalving Potatoes for your garden. There will be knowledgeable people to discuss your choices with.
• From 10 until 3pm the Master Composters will be here to help you get the best compost for your garden.
• At 11.00 until 12.30pm join local forager/botanist Rob Rowe on a Tour of the Edible Meadows. (£5.00)
• At 11 until 12pm children can start seeds Growing 3 Ways and take them home and watch them grow.(£2.50)
• From 1pm until 2pm join Milly Rees to learn about herbs, sweet and savoury, in cooking – a multi-sensory experience. ( £3.50)
• From 1pm until 2.30pm children and their parents can go on a natural treasure hunts and then capture those treasures in a willow frame in Framing Nature. (£3.50)
Come down and explore the Meadows, free entry to the Discovery Centre but we want visitors to enjoy our Secret Hills exhibition and visit our mammoth. You can easily spend a day here with our popular Sunday lunches and homemade desserts’. The Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre offers an extensive programme of family events, adult courses and a variety of activities for the whole family. The unique grass roofed building houses a replica of the famous mammoth skeleton found in Shropshire. The café serves delicious home-cooked food and an extensive shop selling a range of quirky gifts. Every half term and summer holiday the visitor attraction provides hands-on family activities. For further details call 01588 676060 or visit the website: www.shropshirehillsdiscoverycentre.co.uk